Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): Re: (Proposed) New introductory text on home page

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Hi Joel, good approach, thanks for starting this, here are suggested ammendments:

Bullet two: ".LRN is a vertical application build on top of OpenACS that provides Universities with a course management solution and an university oriented interface to the features offered by OpenACS".

Bullet three: Start with "The OpenACS plattform offers developers". This does not break the focus of your speech (either focus on the product or the users. As we do not have a clear target market agreed upon as of now, I would focus on the product).

Bullet four: OpenACS and .LRN are available for free under the conditions of the GNU General Public License (linked).

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
Malte, I made a few tweaks.  I tried to keep it short.  The GPL stuff can go at the bottom; saying it's open-source should be enough.  I know I'm jumping a step by going straight to TIP instead of a forum, or else I'm adding too much bureaucracy by TIPping what I could just go and do - could we get some straight yes-no votes please?
Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
The vertical solution piece on .LRN is something which has been approved by a couple of people (including Al) and already been used in marketing efforts so far. Therefore if you ask for a yes/no vote.

NO.