Forum OpenACS Q&A: ns_table & ns_column error

Collapse
Posted by Tighe Kuykendall on
This is a new installation of PG7.0.2, ACS3.2.2, and AOLServer 3.0 running on RedHat6.2. I'm getting the following in my logs when I try to access certain pages:

[31/Aug/2000:14:33:26][3974.32773][-conn2-] Error: nsd.tcl: 
unsupported nsdb command: ns_table
unsupported nsdb command: ns_table
    while executing
"ns_table exists $db $info_table_name"
    invoked from within
"ns_log Notice "info table name = $info_table_name, exist = [ns_table 
exists $db $info_table_name]""
    (file 
"/usr/local/aolsrv_3.0/servers/server1/www/admin/ug/group.tcl" line 
144)
    invoked from within
"source $script"
    (procedure "ns_sourceproc" line 6)
    invoked from within
"ns_sourceproc cns110 {}"

Most things seem to work, but specifically when I click on "Site-Wide Administration" on the Administration page I get the first half of the page down to "Use the multi-role permission system". The rest of the page contains that following:

HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error MIME-Version: 1.0 Date: Thu, 31 Aug 
2000 18:43:06 GMT Server: AOLserver/3.0
Content-Type: text/html Content-Length: 277 Connection: close

Depending upon the page, I get a similar error but referencing ns_column instead of ns_table.

Thoughs?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Check the driver source and see if "ns_table" appears in postgres.c.  If not, you've got an old version of the driver and need to upgrade to the one you can find on this site.  If so, then you've got a configuration problem (i.e. you're compiling an AOLserver2 driver rather than AOLserver3 driver).
Collapse
Posted by Dan Wickstrom on
It sounds like the postgres driver wasen't compiled for acs use.  Check the driver makefile and ensure that CFLAGS has:

-DFOR_ACS_USE in it somewhere.

Collapse
That fixed it!

I had used the PG7 RPM and had been given an RPM for AOLServer with the PG driver.  I'll have to let the RPM packager for AOLServer know about this as I was lead to believe that it was ACS ready.

Thanks!

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Are you running SuSE then? They are the only ones that have an AOLserver RPM. What version is it? If you'd please contact the packager and let him know, that'd be good.
Collapse
I have a friend that's doing development work for a company that's basing it's existence upon providing and supporting solutions using AOLServer and ACS.  I got the RPM from them specificaly for RH6.2.

Aside from the PG driver, it worked like a champ straight out of the box.

Collapse
Posted by Lamar Owen on
RE: AOLserver RPMs.  COuld they start a dialog with us about these RPM's -- if they have already built usable AOLserver RPM's for RH 6.2, then that's one thing I won't have to do.
Collapse
I have sent a note to the RPM packager.  I'm sure he'll be responding shortly.

I let him know about the driver issue and I beleive he'll have a new version soon.  He had given out an URL for the RPM's to the local LUG, but I hesitate posting it until he's aware of the interest.