Forum OpenACS Development: Headers and Footers for Mail

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
We implemented the new mailing-list (should be called newsletter) package for a client. It has the ability to set up html and text headers and footers separate from the content of each newsletter. The client loves it and now he wants html headers and footers around *all* their emails for example, notifications. This is actually a sensible requirement, in addition to branding issues he has legal reasons to want a footer on every page.

I don't know if we'll get a chance todo it on this project but I wanted to discuss a longer term plan to refactor the header/footer multipart mime capabilities out of mailing-list package and moving them into a mail package (acs-mail-lite) where they can be sensibly accessed by the notifications package if so desired.

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
This can be easily achieved by adding such a header/footer directly to acs-mail-lite. Don't move it out of newsletter, as this capability still needs to be there.

Regarding multipart mime capabilities, ask Timo about it, there has been a reason not to put it into acs-mail-lite, and I'm not entirely sure if the main reason was not to bloat it.