Forum OpenACS Development: Re: anyone know why head doesn't install?

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
The automated HEAD test server installed fine last night:
http://213.150.51.66:8007/
Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
That's pretty strange because i deleted my entire packages dir and updated, with the same problem as before. Actually scouring the logs, the first error (which presumably cascades) is:

Error sourcing /web/oacs-cvs/openacs-HEAD/packages/acs-tcl/tcl/site-nodes-init.tcl:
Selection did not return a value, and no default was provided
    while executing
"db_string get_root_node_id {}"
    (procedure "site_node::init_cache" line 2)
    invoked from within
"site_node::init_cache
"
    (file "/web/oacs-cvs/openacs-HEAD/packages/acs-tcl/tcl/site-nodes-init.tcl" line 11)
Will investigate...

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
FWIW, I got the same error a couple days ago. Despite the error, the installation proceeded and I was able to bring up the site.
Collapse
yes it is strange - if I exit at that point, the site_nodes table is empty. If I let the install go to completion it is still empty - which is obviously a problem.

It would explain why packages are installing fine but failing to mount. it would seem that acs-kernel/sql/postgres/acs-install.sql is never getting run.

I changed "select inline_0 ();" to "select inline_0 () as acs-install-sql;", but that string never appears in my log.

All very strange.

Collapse
it seems that we can ignore the site_node error, although I am still nervous about that. the fact that code is trying to select the root site_node before it exists doesn't sound right.

still haven't figured out why the ref-timezone package is getting installed at all, but you can work around it by installing acs-reference, then manually running ref-timezone-drop.sql manually (twice) and then installing ref-timezone.

I really don't like it. As Vinod observed, "everything seems to be ok"...

Collapse
Posted by Randy O'Meara on
Mark,

Move your install.xml file out of the way and try it. I seem to recall a similar issue some time on the recent past...

Randy

Collapse
Posted by Randy O'Meara on
Mark,

ref-timezones is being installed (I think) as a result of the fix of this bug

https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/bug?bug_number=914

Randy

Collapse
touché
Collapse
it is installed in 5.0 as well, but acs-reference is as well.

HEAD doesn't seem to have an install.xml by default.

It looks most like a dependancy or versioning problem as per Joel's suggestion.