Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: New survey system

Collapse
3: Re: New survey system (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
Well, we want this to replace the simple survey package before long, right?  So I'd think the prioritization should be working upgrade scripts, internationalization, and bug fixes unless there are enhancements that are crucial in the near term.
Collapse
4: Re: New survey system (response to 3)
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Actually my priority today is launching a simple site that happens to include asking a users for a variety of information including what state they are in. I don't get paid for the job till it launches. :)

My question is really to Malte and the AISEC guys to see if they happen to have already done this but I figured I'd ask on the board incase someone else had done it or someone else wants to.

But yes Don, we definitely want to replace simple survey with this package and Don your priorities are good ones.

I would encourage anyone who wants to do anything interesting with survey/polls/assessments/testing to use the contrib survey. Such people should also be aware that there is an active group continueing to develop survey for both dotLRN and nondotLRN uses and that development priorities are being driven by specific client needs. Participation is more then welcome.

There is extensive documentation on the "assessment" project here.

https://openacs.org/projects/openacs/packages/assessment/index

Collapse
6: Re: New survey system (response to 4)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Greenpeace international is using the survey system within it's user-register system (still in need of cleaning up), for collecting data about the users when they register to a mailing list (but could be used anywhere). For this you can use the predefined database questions, that will store the result not only in the survey system but also in the database table (e.g for changing first_name and last_name on the same page as state, gender, you name it).

The assessment project will keep this ability of the current (complex/contrib) survey system to act as a collection point of user data.

As for internationalization and bug-fixes. I internationalized the /contrib version (well, most of it), provided upgrade scripts (that someone should test please) and am curious if other people are using it as well.