Forum OpenACS Q&A: RPMs for OpenACS and ACS 4.0x

Collapse
Posted by John XING on
I have created RPMs for OpenACS and ACS. It was originally done for the purpose of saving time and automating installation. Please follow these two links for RPMs and QuickInstall notes. Please send me your comments.
Collapse
Posted by Adam Farkas on
Kudos to John, who has just saved hundreds (or thousands) of man-hours for the people of the (open)ACS community.

We collectively owe you a beer... 😊

Collapse
3: Thank you ! (response to 1)
Posted by tadashi nagao on
I am now up and running acs system http://acs.junbi.net:8080

Only one hour,I installed acs by your rpm.

thank you !  (But acs.junbi.net is very slow, 20M memory is not
enought for running acs maybe)

Collapse
Posted by Lamar Owen on
Excellent.  I went to download the source RPM's, however, and got a nice 403 Forbidden.  I want to see the spec files and get a feel for the layout before I install them.

The next thing for you to do is upload to incoming.redhat.com so that they get into the mainstream -- once you get some feedback.

I'll give feedback once I see the spec files in the source RPM.  (Being that I've been working on RPM's for these for awhile, I am more than a little curious as to the layout).

Collapse
Posted by Lamar Owen on
Oh, one more comment -- I'd not call the PostgreSQL driver pgdriver. I'd call it aolserver-postgresql or similar, as pgdriver could be _any_ PostgreSQL interface driver, not necessarily AOLserver.
Collapse
Posted by John XING on
The SRPMs are Pgdriver will be renamed in next release as suggested by Lamar. After dust settles down, all rpms will be submitted to respective repositories. My thanks go to everyone who has sent in comments and praises. It is a true community.
Collapse
Posted by Chalu Kim on
I have been trying to get intranet up. For some reasons, I just can't get to. Is there something in ad.ini somewhere which does not show me "intranet"?  I even copied into "intranet2" and that works.

One of those questions asked by one who is not in the groove.. Appreciate comments in advance.

Collapse
Posted by Chalu Kim on
Figured it out. A problem of not getting even minimal information with IE4.0. Using Netscape, I could at least tell I am denied. At least, I figured out there is a notion of Employee.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
John, are you still maintaining these?  If so, the OpenACS RPMs could
go here on OpenACS, along with aD's new Apache+mod_aolserver RPMs.