Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: .LRN 2.0.1 released

Collapse
4: Re: .LRN 2.0.1 released (response to 1)
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Great work everybody!

Special thanks to:

Joel who has become one of the OpenACS titans (holding up the community like Atlas with his manic testing episodes, documentation push, and OpenACS release management), Tracy (who at very short notice jumped in and quickly got an overview and helped get .LRN out the door as the release manager), and  Andrew who spent at least two weeks on a show stopping bug and upgrade scripts (and also helped us test on the Heidelberg install).

Oh yes, and one other thing: thanks especially for putting up with my (probably) ineffective prodding per email and IM.

😊

Carl

Collapse
5: plans for .LRN 2.0.2 (response to 4)
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
I upgraded the translation server to .LRN 2.0.1 and OpenACS 5.0.3 this weekend. The two new strings are there and ready to be localized. (translation list)

Dirk Gomez identified and is fixing several critical bugs in .LRN 2.0.1:

So if the two German translations get completed rapidly, and the bugs are fixed, we can either release .LRN 2.0.2 this week or decide that some of the priority 2 bugs also need to get fixed, identify people to fix them, and set a target date.
Collapse
8: Re: plans for .LRN 2.0.2 (response to 5)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I might want to get survey from /contrib into distribution. As this effects .LRN, I can either wait for 2.0.3 / 2.1 or do it this week. All criteria to be a package in distribution have been met, though not enough testing is done (I don't define: "Works for me" as enough testing).
Collapse
11: Re: plans for .LRN 2.0.2 (response to 5)
Posted by Matthias Melcher on
<blockquote> So if the two German translations get completed rapidly
</blockquote>

Done.

Collapse
14: Re: plans for .LRN 2.0.2 (response to 5)
Posted by Dirk Gomez on
All three bugs are fixed now. The calendar fix needs the regular testing, file-storage should be looked into more thoroughly because I haven't been exposed to the beautiful file-storage package since the golden ACS3 days.

Here's the diff: http://xarg.net/tools/cvs/change-set-details?key=98707BF70F8A79A17B8BEE1745BBF0FDAA99896F

The pages now all work, but the code was suspicious and so were my changes.

There is an i18n issue left which isn't easy at all to be fixed: namely that folder names can be localized. You have #fs-portlet.Projects# as a folder name and "Dirk's Secret MP3 Archive" which apparently isn't supposed to be translated into any other language.

I don't know if there is a quick fix. I think a proper fix would be a presentation column (a little bit along the lines what Branimir suggested a couple of weeks ago)

This column would hold a tcl proc that is applied automagically to the corresponding content and thus would magically localize #fs-portlet.Projects#.

Collapse
17: Re: plans for .LRN 2.0.2 (response to 8)
Posted by Tracy Adams on
Malte,

In light of our discussion as managing .LRN as a vertical application (or whatever name we choose) of OpenACS, I'd suggest that the question of "when is a given package a package" should be considered in the OpenACS community.  .LRN is obviously interested, but we want to manage things in a clear way. Would you be willing to bring the issue to that forum?