Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Problem Installing BCMS on 5.0.2

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Steve,

I was not able to commit the lastest ui-base changes.  The fix are minor, I think Dave fixed some of it.  He then now carried to do a lot of things, some of the things I wish have done.  And ui-base will evolve to xcms.  As of now ui-base is just awaiting xcms, so no need to fix it.

bcms-ui-* and bcds are supposed to be only related because both uses the CR.  In theory they should not care about each other.  So bcms-ui-* can manage a different folder while bcds can serve a different folder.  There can be multiple instances of bcms-ui-* of different UI, since maybe repository is being manipulated by different things.  And one bcds serving the whole repository.  Or vice versa, one bcms-ui-* that is managing content and is being served by different bcds.  One bcds is for intranet, another for public, even for rss, wap, etc.

Hmmmm I think I did not answer your question after rereading your post.  I think they are redundant!  If not root_folder_id is maybe the template root id.  I think those need to change.  Can you change those to template_folder_id and root_folder_id in case they are indeed being used that way?  To make it consistent with bcms-ui-base/xcms.