Forum OpenACS Q&A: Refinement of the question: searching for how-to-use documentation/tips

Reviewing the docs listed above forced me to re-state my question.

I'm looking for how to USE the OACS permissioning system, not how to code witihin it or for it, nor designing an expansion to the default roles/relational segments/assignment rules, etc.

A quick read of the documentation above found plenty for the OACS developer, but only the one entry in the "How Do I" section for a site administrator, the person responsible for managing users and permissions.

In fact, in the preface to the "How Do I", Joel Aufrecht makes a distinction that highlights what I'm looking for when he differentiates between "configuring" and "customizing":

In this chapter, Configuring refers to making changes to a new OpenACS site through the web interface. In crude terms, these changes happen in the database, and are upgrade-safe. Customizing refers to changes that touch the file system, and require some planning if easy upgradability is to be maintained.

My need at this time is for information on "configuring" not "customizing."

Commenting on the need for documentation, <jadeforrest> added in the IRC #openacs:

Those type of docs are very needed! The documentation is getting really good, but that's the area it's most lacking. Admin-level docs.
Adding that "Some of that [admin-level information] is package specific." thus could be found in the package documentation.

But for my immediate specific need, the documentation for the Events Package does not state which OACS permission type should be assigned to an event so that members of group "Registered users" can actually use the tool as it was meant - to register for an event.

This is just one more post of the "need documentation" variety.