Forum OpenACS Development: Request-Processor: ds_add or how to redirect error messages for Project/Open?

Hi,

The Project/Open (http://www.project-open.com/) to OpenACS 5.0/Oracle8i is pretty far advanced now, the new version is already in productive use at SLS international. I'm now "productifying" the software and fixing minor bugs.

One of the important features of the older Project/Open version was a centralized bug reporting system that worked like this:

- Let's asume a P/O page causes an error a customers installation
- A P/O error page is shown with a reaonsable P/O header and a button "Report the Error"
- Pressing the "Report the Error" button, an incident is posted at my central P/O server, including the email of the customers SysAdmin.
- I fix the bug and inform the SysAdmin about the advance, offering an updated version of the specific module.

So there are several possibilities:
- Using the AutomaticErrorReporting as it is there right now is not an option, because the error page is hardcoded and doesn't allow templates nor pass-through variables.
- I could customize the request processor (bad option)
- rp_report_error calls a "ds_add" routine which is not defined in my installation. I could tweak this routine to hande my case. However, this is not very clean...
- Somebody could include a ad_call_proc_if_exists rp_report_error_user_exit $message or similar to allow customizing the error response.

I'll probably release the GPLed Project/Open modules this week...

Thanks in advance,
Frank