Forum .LRN Q&A: forums-portlet buggy (v2.0.3) - Can this be?!?

Hi,
I have the feeling that forum-portlet is buggy. I upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.0.3 and while an admin user who is member of a group that has a forum can see the forum portlet on my space a normal student who is member of the same group doesn't. so basically no forum at all in dotLRN is visible for students!!!

I wanted to check on the test server but it was always down for the last couple of days.

Can someone verify this bug?

Greetings,
Nima

Collapse
Posted by Peter Alberer on
We had a problem with the privacy-checks for the forums. No student could read any posts (but could post new ones). Maybe this is something related...
Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Peter, the bug you mean we had as well but this was fixed. Now the portlet the forum portlet is simply no displayed for students.
Collapse
Posted by Andrew Grumet on
Hi Nima,

Can you navigate to /dotlrn/admin/users and check the Guest? status of the student users who cannot see the forums portlet?  If Guest? is set to Yes, that would explain what you are seeing.  And it would be a bug.

Collapse
Hi Andrew...thank you. Indeed the guest status is set to "Yes". So what would be the solution?
Collapse
I can iterate over all users and set their guest status to "no" in those cases where they are no guests. Why would it still be a bug then?
Collapse
On the other hand it must be a bug because all users were added over the batch synch. And I checked again...even if a user is no guest still on "my space" the forums are hidden. Only directly on the community page the forum is accessible.
Collapse
Hi Nima,  can you restart your server and double-check the permissions?  This may be a case of not flushing the permissions cache appropriately when guest status is changed.  Let's talk more about the syncing stuff after you check that.
Collapse
Hi Andrew, all users in dotLRN seem to have a guest status :( so none of the is able to post anything or see any forum at present. Any suggestion?
Collapse
Nima, are you at the Heidelberg meeting?  Maybe we can work on it together today or tomorrow.
Collapse
Posted by Volin Karagiozov on
Nima, Andrew,

Was this problem resolved or no?
I have it on dotLRN 2.0.3 installed this August.

Regards,
Volin Karagiozov

Collapse
I don't recall.  Nima?