Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Project Manager 1.0 Version Released

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
Jade,

You made a comment at the start of this thread:

'I strongly recommend installing it within a subsite on your site. That way, you can easily add and remove people from the subsite, and they will be ''removed'' from project-manager'.

I am probably revealing the depth of my ignorance by asking this...but;

...what does mounting on a subsite provide that defining groups of users and granting permissions based on them does not?

I would personally find it really helpful if you could quickly summarise the benefits.

Thanks
Richard

Collapse
Posted by Andrei Popov on
...what does mounting on a subsite provide that defining groups of users and granting permissions based on them does not?

You would not need to define groups and assign permissions: subsite membership would do it for you.

There is nothing wrong with mounting it on the main site, it just makes permission management a little bit simpler and more automatic.

Collapse
Posted by Andrei Popov on

Even a preview is not enough sometimes :)

This:

There is nothing wrong with mounting it on the main site, it just makes permission management a little bit simpler and more automatic.
should read:
There is nothing wrong with mounting it on the main site, but mounting it on a subsite makes permission management a little bit simpler and more automatic.