Forum OpenACS Development: Response to What's up with the port?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Yes, I intend to post steady reports, though I don't know if they'll be precisely weekly.  I'll post more information in the next couple of days.  Unfortunately, I hold tickets that take me to Boston tomorrow and I've been told it might snow a bit 'tween now and then so I don't know exactly what my personal schedule will be this week.

The CVS repository is reachable by chasing the "software" link from the home page, then the "software development manager" link.  You can browse the sources directly if you want.

Why not sourceforge?  The SDM has reached the point where it provides similar services, indeed I like the ticket tracker a lot better.  As part of the toolkit, we should be using it and working to improve it.  Finally, SourceForge tends to get pretty bogged down at time.  I downloaded a bunch of stuff from a project there last week and the ftp  server was only able to fill my DSL line with about 80KB/sec worth of  stuff.  Frustrating to take so long to download when you have a nice 640KB line.