Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Object Model & acs_attributes

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Currently the object metadata is not used by much of anything useful but we're talking actively about merging in the capabilities of the CR/CMS (automatic form generation from object attributes, for instance) into base acs_objects, along with high-level declarative TCL API for generating objects and attributes without having to write so much RDBMS-specific SQL.
Collapse
Posted by James Thornton on
Thanks Don. Also, why does the acs_object_types package_name column have a unique constraint? Why can't you have more than one object_type per package?
Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Hi Don, which version of CR/CMS are you talking about (so I can have a look and steal in advance....). After all one challange of the assessment system is to create a form out of cr_items with special attributes that define how the entry widget is displayed.
Collapse
Posted by Tom Ayles on
Hi James,

I believe the package_name column in acs_object_types refers to the PL/SQL package name rather than the APM package name. I think it might be used to optionally drop the PL/SQL for an object type when you delete the type, and so you'd want it to be constrained unique to prevent automatically dropping the PL/SQL for another type that isn't being deleted.

HTH,
Tom

Collapse
Posted by James Thornton on
Ahh, thanks Tom. I couldn't find that documented -- was the package_name column recently added?