Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to installation problem

Collapse
Posted by finn knudsen on
Hi Michael

I have had similar problems. I haven't gotten everything working yet but mayby i have some things that can help you out.

When installing redhat 7.0 ( personally i used 7.2) you should probably make a custom installation. The reason for this is ( I would think ).

You will need some development liberaries i.e. gcc + and so on, because the installation package will compile some c code. I'm havent looked into which ones are the most important, so better take a lot.

Second you don't want to install the postgres database and apache webserver. However, I'm not sure about the postgres database because i had problems with the one comming in the openacs package.

Installing on 7.2 there was also problems with different versions of readline and tcl. Some of these problems could be solved by using --nodeps option for rpm. ( check out the red hat home page about rpm, its not that difficult to get a grasp of ).

Anyway, I have gotten so far as to get the webserver up an running, although I get a security blowup error that has been discussed here earlier. Might be some things with the configuration of the mod_aolserver module, although I haven't looked at it for the last couple of days. I will be able to help you so far, but I haven't got a working system my self yet.

Anyway, I hope this can help you a little bit. If you would consider upgrading to red hat 7.2 we might be able to build a step by step quide for installation purposes. You are welcome to contact  me by email, and we can try to help each other out.

regards