Forum OpenACS CMS: Comparisons
Therefor I would like to ask if any either has a server running these platforms or if anyone has used these to let me know.
I will compile a list of features/distractors for each platform that I can get at.
Anyone can email me privately if they desire to avoid redundancy in
posts. I would like to rethink the CMS before just doing a straight
port, and along those lines I am putting together the ER diagram for
Workflow/CR/CMS. I also think templating should be in this
discussion, but it is not really specific for CMS. It would be nice
however to have seamless template integration in the CMS and fix some
of the bugs on the templating SDM at ArsDigita.
The list I have of Open Source type cms is as follows:
- very easy to set up [took all of about 10 minutes]
- very polished slashdot clone
- integrated bboard system, similar to UltimateBB
- Built-in search capability
- potentially large group of developers who are interested in extending nuke into something more than a slashdot ripoff.
- Some "add-on" modules available (for example, the DMOZ page at my site.)
- MySQL only. Not a problem for small/silly sites like mine, but I shudder to think of what would happen in a high-volume situation.
- Not many external modules/extensions, though more may come in the future.
- Apparent problems with the community -- the main phpnuke.org site was down for almost a week (DB crash?) This was a very embarrassing gaffe for mandrake.
The bottom line: if you need to put up a slashdot clone quickly, you could do worse than nuke. But I wouldn't attempt to push the envelope with it, until the issues mentioned above are addressed.