Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: New OpenACS 5.1 install, but a problem occurs

Collapse
Posted by Chris Davies on
not sure on the first issue.

However, the user portrait has a few parameters you might want to check.  I think there is a maximum size, and I think there are maximum width/height restrictions.  It appears the width must be less than 300.

Might want to play around with that to start with.

Collapse
Posted by Peter Lim on
Thanks for the hints on the portrait size, but it's still no-go.  I've tried tiny gifs, large jpegs (larger than the 300 pixel max), and various images in between.  I tried uploading a photoshop file (just to see what would happen), and it gave me an error that it was the wrong mime type, so it appears that the file is getting uploaded, but I don't know what's wrong after that.  There are no errors appearing in the log, either.

When I look at the page information (in Netscape), it has the right dimensions of the image, but it lists the physical dimensions of the image as 0px height and 0px width.

I'm trying to track down in the database/CR where the image is stored so that I can try checking that to see if that is correct, but I'm having difficulty tracing back through the queries and the code.

And I was able to get the photo-album working properly, so that part of the photo upload and display works properly, but not in the user portraits.

Collapse
Posted by Jeff Davis on
I fixed a bug for portrait upload which should fix this I think see
http://cvs.openacs.org/cvs/openacs-4/packages/acs-subsite/www/user/portrait/upload-2-postgresql.xql?r1=1.4&r2=1.3

the fix will be in 5.1.1 (or you could try making that
change locally to see if thats it or if it's something else).