Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to 3.2.5 release

Collapse
8: Response to 3.2.5 release (response to 1)
Posted by Roberto Mello on
The issues are still on Intranet and new-file-storage as I said many times. If you don't use these two modules, I doubt 3.2.5 "official" will change anything in the other modules, so if you desperately need 3.2.5, go grab it off CVS.

We had a problem with the intranet patch that stopped us from being able to commit after it was reviewed. So I had to get the patch again (from Chris Hardy) but haven't had time to look into it or commit it. new-file-storage just needs to have its library file added to the tcl/ directory to go out (still as Beta).

We're shooting for a release closer to this friday. I haven't received any bug or release-stopper reports from anyone, so I think this date is pretty safe.

On this point, this is not a C/C++/Java program where one bug can break the entire thing. Don't be afraid of grabbing the CVS version, especially for the 3.2.x tree, for it can only get better. If you want the release to come out faster, help us test it and report it here (and at the SDM), volunteer to apply and test a patch, volunteer to test the upgrade script, etc.