Forum OpenACS Development: Any process for changing messages?

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
I have a change to commit which includes changing the wording of a message.  Do I have to do anything to notify translators that the translations will be out of sync?
Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
If you don't make the change in parallel on the translation server, your changes may be overwritten next time the translations are synced.  We don't currently have a mechanism to do that notification - we discussed it at Heidelberg and it's on a list of desired improvements.  Posting a blog entry on the front page of the site is probably the best we can do.
Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Thanks, Joel.  I registered a few hours ago and am awaiting the granting of magical powers. :)

It looks like what I will want to do is to "translate" the English locale and edit the message there.  Is that correct?  Do I also need to commit the change to 5.1 or will it get merged in later from the transation server?

I don't see anything in the translator's guide about how to create new messages when necessary.  What's the process for that?

Sorry if these are repetitive questions;  I haven't had to do much of this so far.  If there is a doc that I should read, feel free to send me off to RTFM.  I just haven't been able to find one so far.