Forum .LRN Q&A: LORS Course Viewing Problem

Collapse
Posted by azlina danyal on
The following error msg was displayed in LEON when trying to view course index (i.e after clicking on the course index that was displayed):

There was a server error processing your request. We apologize.

Here is a detailed dump of what took place at the time of the error, which may assist a programmer in tracking down the problem:

Too many positional parameters specified
    while executing
"content::item::get_live_revision__arg_parser"
    (procedure "item::get_live_revision" line 1)
    invoked from within
"item::get_live_revision $item_id"
    (procedure "content::init" line 44)
    invoked from within
"content::init the_url the_root $content_root $template_root public $revision_id $content_type"
    (file "/var/lib/aolserver/service4/packages/file-storage/www/view/index.vuh" line 1)
    (procedure "rp_handle_tcl_request" line 1)
    invoked from within
"$handler"
    ("uplevel" body line 2)
    invoked from within
"uplevel $code"
    invoked from within
"ad_try {
                $handler
            } ad_script_abort val {
                # do nothing
            }"
    invoked from within
"rp_serve_concrete_file [ad_conn file]"
    (procedure "rp_serve_abstract_file" line 60)
    invoked from within
"rp_serve_abstract_file -noredirect -nodirectory  -extension_pattern ".vuh" "$root$prefix""
    ("uplevel" body line 3)
    invoked from within
"uplevel $code"
    invoked from within
"ad_try {
      ad_conn -set path_info  [string range $path [expr [string length $prefix] - 1] end]
      rp_serve_abstract_file -noredirect -nodirectory  -e..."

Import, course structure and metadata viewing, etc of course content were succesfull also the dotLRN Top and Bottom navigation menu was also displayed along with the error msg in LEON. I must have mess-up my installation somewhere. Help Please..

regards
Ina...

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
This is a namespace conflict with the Tcl procedured I added to the content repository on HEAD.

I'll try to figure out a backwards compatible fix. A temporary solution is to change the call to item::get_live_revision to ::item::get_live_revision which will be sure to use the item base namespace instead of the content base namespace.

Collapse
Thanx dave, I make the changes manually for the meantime.

regards.
Ina

Collapse
where else beside index.vuh do i have to make the chnages?

ina

Collapse
Dave,

make the above changes to index.vuh, problem still persist.

ina

Collapse
Appreciate if someone could let me know at which tag of cvs for acs-content-repository could I use to install LORS without any of the errors above, I'm using dotlrn 2.0.3 tarball with and upgraded file-storage and all it's (file-storage) dependency packages from HEAD. The acs-content-repository  from HEAD and other packages install cleanly but with above errors when I tried to view the courses that I uploaded successfully. Also, some earlier version from oacs-5-1-0 tag and newer won't install nicely with dotlrn 2.0.3 tarball. I'd made the changes to index.vuh as suggested, but problem still persist.

cheers
ina....

Collapse
Posted by Ernie Ghiglione on
Hi Ina,

As far as I've been testing, it works well on with the following:

"acs-content-repository" version="5.1.2"
"file-storage" version="5.1.0a3"

I haven't yet try to use it with any packages from HEAD, though. Please let me know if you need further help

Ernie

Collapse
hi ernie,

thanks for replying, i'm not sure how to get the specific version/snapshot that you specify from cvs, as the HEAD file-storage version is also 5.1.0a3? If i were to check-out acs-core from cvs, can you tell me the tag (-r) ? that i shuld use and also for the corresponding dotlrn tag? If I do this do i still need to check-out specific version of acs-content-repository and file-storage as youi stated above?

Hope these things I'm askin make sense here!!! :), perhaps I'm just gettin everybody confuse...

Well, anyway, thanks for developing LORS and sharing it with the rest of us. I find it very usefull and practical.

Do you think you can provide me with a tarball of the acs-core, dotlrn and lors? I'd showed my boses LORS and they loved it, I'd converted our course content to be scorm compliant SCO, they r big >130MB each and this is why I need to run LORS on our demo dotLRN instance instead of using the one that you made available. If this is possible you can email the tarball to mailto:zainuddin@msu.edu (<64MB attachment is OK) or if there's a site that I could download it from, do let me know.

cheers ....
ina

Collapse
hi ernie,

appreciate if you could provide me with the correct acs-content-repository version, just couldn't retrieve the right version, I think the rest is O.K.

regards
ina

Collapse
Hello Inna,

<blockquote> thanks for replying, i'm not sure how to get the specific version/snapshot that
you specify from cvs, as the HEAD file-storage version is also 5.1.0a3? If i
were to check-out acs-core from cvs, can you tell me the tag (-r) ? that i
shuld use and also for the corresponding dotlrn tag? If I do this do i still
need to check-out specific version of acs-content-repository and file-storage
as youi stated above?
</blockquote>

Have a look at the documentation (http://mlweg.pc.ee.usyd.edu.au:8082/doc/lorsm/) If I remember correctly, I used the tarball from .LRN 2.0.3 to install it. If you follow the installation instructions it should be alright. However, please send me an email if it doesn't work for any reasons so we can modify the instruccions accordingly.

<blockquote> Well, anyway, thanks for developing LORS and sharing it with the rest of us. I
find it very usefull and practical.
</blockquote>

No worries, mate. Glad you find it useful... stick around as there are more features coming 😉

Ernie

Collapse
Hi Ernie,

Havin difficulty accesing the url given, is is up & running?

http://mlweg.pc.ee.usyd.edu.au:8082/doc/lorsm/

Ina...

Collapse
Hello Ina,

The site is up and running, but maybe there's some filtering on ports and that could be the reason you can't access. I have moved the documentation to another server on port 80 so you shouldn't have a problem now.

http://weg.ee.usyd.edu.au/people/ernieg/lorsm/

Thanks,

Ernie

PS: In addition, I tried to send you an email to your account, but it bounces back (reason: 550 unknown user mailto:zainuddin@msu.edu)

Collapse
Hi Ernie,

Sorry, I misspelled my email, it's actualy mailto:zainuddi@msu.edu, and mailto:azlina@tmsmartschool.com.my

Regards

Collapse
My LORS is up and running !!!!  :)

Anyway, I used the following

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:mailto:anonymous@openacs.org:/cvsroot checkout -r oacs-5-1-0-compat openacs-4

https://openacs.org/projects/dotlrn/download/download/dotlrn-2.0.3.tar.gz

ina....