Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: New OpenCore release 1.0.2a

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Hello Chip,

thank you very much for your quick response. Just one problem I had when creating a company:
mkdir: kann Verzeichnis »/var/lib/aolserver/unima1/packages/opencore/www/courses/1« nicht anlegen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

After creating the folder /var/lib/aolserver/unima1/packages/opencore/www/courses/ manually it worked.

I am logged in as OACS System Admin. I looked at the error.log but found no error during the user creation process.

I have to say that I mounted opencore to /opencore. Maybe that's why.

I will mount opencore under dotLRN and install htmldoc and get back to you again.

Thank you.

Collapse
Posted by Jack Ramsey on
The package manager omitted the courses directory when I created the apm file.  Very strange.  I will try to fix that.

I don't think that mounting the application to /opencore would be a problem.  Can you find the users in the openacs "user" table?

Collapse
Posted by Jack Ramsey on
I updated the package to contain the courses directory.  I had to but a file in the directory for the package manager to recognize it.
Collapse
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
Hi Jack,

First of all thanks for your work implementing LMS features on openacs. It is great!

I'm trying opencore package release 1.0.3a running with oacs 5-1/postgresql7.4.2/aolserver4.

Opencore package installs good. The opencore/www/courses created OK. As openacs user I added a company and a directory "1" was created in opencore/www/courses/1 as the doc said would be. Good. Supermanager created with no errors and I could login with this user and reach a UI for courses manager.

I uploaded a SCORM course created with reload editor I used to testing importing for Ernie's Lors package (it worked ok on Lors!). After uploaded zip file and unpacked it I had after clicking "Add new course"

Type: SCORM
Path: curso1/imsmanifest.xml

where curso1 is my uploaded course directory.

When I submit Import Course I had this error on background (log/error.log)
------

Error: GET http://localhost:8037/
referred by "http://localhost:8037/lms/manager/courses/course-uninstalled?cat_id=NULL"
    can't read "node_id_name": no such variable
        while executing
    "return $node_id_name"
        (procedure "cs_list_children" line 18)
      invoked from within
    "cs_list_children [ lindex [split [lindex $list_of_childs 0]] 0] "
        invoked from within
  "set list_of_manifest_childs [ cs_list_children [ lindex [split [lindex $list_of_childs 0]]  ("uplevel" body line 53)
      invoked from within
    "uplevel 1 $transaction_code "
      (procedure "db_transaction" line 1)
      invoked from within
  "db_transaction {
          ### Create the nextval in cs_courses
          set course_id [db_nextval "cs_courses_id_sequence"]
          ### Set filename to the manifest.xml

-----

Bug-tracker at intellum.org is going to be used reporting bugs and patches?

I read this post https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=168874 from Ernie Ghiglione about Opencore and I agree when he said there is "a lot of opportunities to work with Jack on a robust SCORM/LMS implementation that not only fulfils the needs of corporations, but also the academic world".

I have some available time now and some basic skills on openacs programming and could be good colaborate on efforts building courseware features like you and Ernie are planning.