Forum OpenACS Q&A: Project Manager 1.09b1 released

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
The beta release of project-manager 1.09 was just released. It sports a number of improvements, especially to the handling of Processes. It also gives a taste of what the new UI for tasks may be.

Please let me know what you think, file bugs, and if you can, fix them too! Patches are welcome!

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I've released version 1.09b3 (beta 3), which fixes an infrequent bug that could cause tasks to not have a deadline when they should.

After upgrading, I suggest going into the admin pages, and clicking on Projects - Update All, to ensure that all your task deadlines are accurate.

Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
I have 1.07, do you have upgrade scripts or there's no need of them for this case?

Do you tagged it or should I dowload the 28/jul/04 from HEAD?

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
The latest releast is always tagged with openacs-5-1-compat, so if you follow the upgrade instructions on openacs.org, it should update correctly.

You can also upgrade by using the remote repository feature if you're not using CVS.

Basically, the default upgrade instructions should work.

And I always provide upgrade scripts when they are necessary.

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I hope people don't mind that I release project-manager so often!

I've released version 1.1b1 of project-manager. The most important change is that it features a fix by Stan K. for the tree_id problem several people were having.

It also features the ability to email comments made on a project.

Collapse
Not at all, I'm really happy to have all of those releases.

Oh, is awesome to have comments on emails, that's something that's is really needed ....
BTW, did you add that feature to GC in general or just works for PM?

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
It is just in project-manager, unfortunately.

Also, the emails are in dire need of improvement for project-manager. I'm hoping to work on that soon.

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
It turns out that

1.1b1 < 1.09b1

So I had to release another version of project-manager yesterday, 2.0b1. I don't think it really warrants a 2.0 release, but the way the APM sorts releases, it ignores the 0 in 1.09, so I had little choice.

And today, I'm releasing another version which corrects a bug:

- logger entries are now moved between logger projects when you edit a task and change the project

And adds a feature:

- Project assignments are now implemented on the main project page. So by default, you now only see your own projects instead of everyone's.

The new release is 2.1b1. I'm leaving it as a beta version, but because I'm introducing new functionality, I'm not going to bump the beta level.

Also, in another thread (https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=192919) I asked about the best way to develop for project-manager. It looks like I should move over to a branch for developing project-manager. I actually develop on OpenACS 5.1, but project-manager is kept on HEAD. I'll be switching thing over soon to make it easier to contribute.

I think I'll also write up some documentation on how best to develop packages. I want to make it easy to contribute to project-manager!

Again, this upgrade requires no data model changes.

Collapse
I just upgraded this from 1.07, works just great! thanks a lot Jade ;)
Collapse
I was trying to upgrade from pm 1.03 and got this error:
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION

Failed to install Project Manager, version 2.1b1. The following error was generated:

Password: psql:upgrade-1.03-1.04b1.sql:70: ERROR: relation "chid" does not exist CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "cr_items_tree_update_tr" line 28 at select into variables

Any ideas?

The logger and organization worked well for the upgrades from openacs-5-1-compat.

Collapse
ok, the error is in the last line of the upgrade file:

db-> update cr_items set parent_id = (select package_id from cr_folders where folder_id = item_id and label = 'Projects')
db-> where item_id = (select folder_id from cr_folders where label = 'Projects' and description = 'Project Repository');
ERROR:  relation "chid" does not exist
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "cr_items_tree_update_tr" line 28 at select into variables

any hints?

Collapse
Posted by Deds Castillo on
Roc,

That's in CR. Recreate the trigger chaging chid to child.  There's a typo there.  It was fixed in the later versions.

Collapse
ok, its an error on this pg func: cr_items_tree_update_tr, instead of chid should be child?  I tried to re-create this function but seems to have dependencies that don't allow me to drop it, anyone with suggestions?
Collapse
ok, dropping the trigger is what I needed ;)
then all the pm upgrades worked just fine!
Collapse
Posted by Sup Doggie on
Hi Jade,

Sorry for this silly question, I cant seems to be able to create customer in PM? Is there an interface for this?

regards

Jade, I got this error when trying to see a given task:

List 'dependency' not found
    while executing
"error "List '$name' not found""
    (procedure "get_reference" line 6)
    invoked from within
"get_reference -name $name -local_name __list_properties"
    (procedure "template::list::prepare_for_rendering" line 7)
    invoked from within
"template::list::prepare_for_rendering -name $name"
    (procedure "template::list::render" line 6)
    invoked from within
"template::list::render -name "dependency" -style """
    invoked from within
"append __adp_output "[template::list::render -name "dependency" -style ""]""
    ("uplevel" body line 242)
    invoked from within
"uplevel {
          set __adp_output ""

set __adp_master [template::util::url_to_file "lib/master" "$__adp_stub"]
set __adp_properties(title) "[ad_q..."
    (procedure "template::code::adp::/var/websites/teamges/packages/project-..." line 2)
    invoked from within
"template::code::${template_extension}::$__adp_stub"
    (procedure "template::adp_parse" line 68)
    invoked from within
"template::adp_parse [file root [ad_conn file]] {}"

any ideas?
TIA

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Sup: You have to mount the organizations package to create customers. The interface, although basic, is there.