Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: learn to debug an error

Collapse
Posted by Yves Goldberg on
Thank you Jarkko for this information. But I don't have my server under CVS so I can't create diff files I believe.

I hope it will still be usefull to the community - to do it the way I did in bugtrakker.

Yves.

Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
You can use the "Bad way" in Jeff's doc even if you don't have a CVS checkout. That means using just diff instead of cvs diff.

The reason why using diff (or cvs diff) is useful is that you can then apply the patch file directly to the files being fixed with 'patch' command without hand editing, and thus diminish the chances of typos.

Anyway all bug seeking and fixing is always desirable and admirable, thanks for your good work so far. We just try to teach newcomers to use the common guidelines because it makes life easier for us lazy old bastards :)

Collapse
Posted by Yves Goldberg on
ok Jarkko. I uploaded a patch for robot detection. Would you be willing to check if I done it right?

TIA

Collapse
Posted by Jarkko Laine on
Yes, Yves, you did it really well. There seems to be a <-sign missing from the start of your xml version line but otherwise it looks fine.

It's quite a trivial thing to fix now, so I assigned it to Worker Bee, since I can't fix and test it myself right at this moment.