Forum OpenACS Development: My experience with the actual query dispatcher

Collapse
Posted by Domingo Alvarez duarte on
<p>
My description of whats is need to perform the pg port and do it in a generic way that can be used to port to other databases as well. </p>
<p>
The basic mechanism of the last query dispatcher is based on tag all queries and at runtime find a substitute query to tha actual db driver and use it instead of the original one. If there isn't any substitute try use the original one.
</p>
<p>
Ok it sounds fine but anyway we need go through the code line by line because some queries are dynamic generated and some are assigned to a string and passed as argument to a database procedure and <b>finally some of then are evaluated in another context breaking the actual query tag mechanism</b>, the first example I've got in <b>acs-developer-support</b> when I tried to use the actual xml scheme to write the substitution queries.
</p>
<p>
So it get so complicated to match every possibilitie. In my opnion we can use the actual idea but instead of use the query tag to find and substitute the query text we should use a local procedure that wil do it locally.
</p>
<p>
If someone knows where is the most apropriate space to discuss this please tell me.
I'll make an exmple with a small pacakge to demonstrate it.
</p>