Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: RFC: Evaluation System for .LRN

Collapse
Posted by Cathy Sarisky on
Hi Rocael,

I've tested out the evaluation package from head (actually a few weeks ago now).  That's a very slick package!

May I offer some help and suggest a feature?

Offer to help:
- The en_US translations maybe need a little bit of work.  I was confused a few places by the terminology used.

Feature suggestion:
- It would be very useful to be able to insert scores into the gradebook from outside the evaluation package (for instance, as the result of a survey/assessment/whatever, but I couldn't find any public tcl API for doing so.  I hacked in a work-around for some code that assumes it is being called from within the evaluation package.  (Find the evaluation package within the dotlrn class rather than relying on [ad_conn package_id] to return the evaluation package_id.)  However, then I got stuck on trying to insert a grade, probably because the CR makes my head spin.

Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
<blockquote>The en_US translations maybe need a little bit of work.  I >was confused a few places by the terminology used.
</blockquote>

feel free to change the "terminology" in CVS.oacs", we do need that  to make more sense in some words in the english context.
Any other suggestion is very welcomed!

<blockquote>Feature suggestion
</blockquote>

we'll provide a service-contract to deal with that, then easier integration with another applications, like assessment, etc....