Forum OpenACS Q&A: dummy user signup/surpressing default authorisation mail

Hi folks,

I am working on demo environment, and need to pre- configure about 150 user accounts. The operational e-mail addresses are available, and I want to add them to the system, without generating the default automated messages to these accounts. I am am trying to sell the system, and having these addresses allready pre-confirgured this will be a lot easier.

Is there a way to set this up, so that once my client is happy with my concept, headoffice can activate the accounts in one sweep, and send all accounts a general company mail, advising the users how to use the new interoffice communication service?

Thanks for any suggestion

Ben

One simple way to setup a bunch of users is to use the 'Add a batch of users' function from the user administration menu.

The user-batch-add-2.tcl script is very simple and you only have to remove the ns_sendmail command and probably to force a common password as 'changeme' instead of generating a random one.

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Thanks Claudio. Would it be hard to create this function in the UI. Non coders would be helped I guess.

Cheers
Ben