Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to OpenACS Social, June 1: program issues

Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
Bob O'Connor writes: "The system should not allow multiple event registrations BECAUSE I'm a logged on user to the Medusa site..."

Well, either we are totally inept and *should* change our name to Medusa Technologies, or we are safe in being Musea Technologies because the events module in 3.2.X just plain sucks. ;)

Honestly, we downloaded and installed the events module without doing anything to it. Plugged and played. So unless we plugged it somewhere it shouldn't be playing (always a possibility) I would tend to blame the code. Since there are so many other problems with 3.X, that's an easy out for us.

The first bug or design issue was that it was pretty much impossible to change the registration deadline from the admin UI. People got some kind of error message when they would try. I don't really know about "unregistering" though because we didn't look into it. Because all your registerants are belong to us.

So don't use this module unattended unless you want a quick fix that doesn't need to run smoothly or you're looking to roll up your sleeves and do some fixin'.

talli