Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to can we add signatures to openacs.org emails?

Collapse
Posted by Mat Kovach on
Most email clients can be configured to show headers, or only show specific headers. I would recommend having them display list-* headers. Where is what mine looks like:
Delivered-To: mkovach-mkovach@alal.com                                          
From: bboard@openacs.org                                                        
To: mkovach@alal.com                                                            
Subject: OpenACS forum:  Response to can we add signatures to openacs.org       
+emails?                                                                        
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:18:21 GMT                                             
Reply-To: toddg@mail.ma.utexas.edu                                              
List-Post:                                                                      
+                                                                     
List-Unsubscribe:    
List-Owner:                                                 

I'd recommend switching your mailing over to digest form; the poster's name is  
attached to each message in that format.                                        

Shows all the info you should need about the list and the email.