Forum OpenACS Q&A: can we add signatures to openacs.org emails?

I would love to see the name of the poster in the email sent out as
new messages are posted.
I'd recommend switching your mailing over to digest form; the poster's name is attached to each message in that format.
Collapse
Posted by Mat Kovach on
Most email clients can be configured to show headers, or only show specific headers. I would recommend having them display list-* headers. Where is what mine looks like:
Delivered-To: mkovach-mkovach@alal.com                                          
From: bboard@openacs.org                                                        
To: mkovach@alal.com                                                            
Subject: OpenACS forum:  Response to can we add signatures to openacs.org       
+emails?                                                                        
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:18:21 GMT                                             
Reply-To: toddg@mail.ma.utexas.edu                                              
List-Post:                                                                      
+                                                                     
List-Unsubscribe:    
List-Owner:                                                 

I'd recommend switching your mailing over to digest form; the poster's name is  
attached to each message in that format.                                        

Shows all the info you should need about the list and the email.
Collapse
Posted by David Walker on
Thanks.  Showing the reply-to header does help a lot.  I'd still like to see the name of the person in addition to their email address.