Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: forums administration portlet title i18n done, but doesn't work

Changing the get_prety_name function is not enough in this cases; the right procedure should be:

1. Change all the tcl procs which return the portlet title to use the right message key; and dont try to do the internationalization when this procs are called, because users with customized language settings might get the titles in the wrong language. So what you did here : http://fisheye.openacs.org/browse/OpenACS/openacs-4/packages/dotlrn-forums/tcl/dotlrn-forums-admin-portlet-procs.tcl?r1=1.3&r2=1.4 is the way to go.

2. One should provide upgrade script for changing all the entries in portal_element_map table for the element in question; in this case dotlrn_forums_admin_portlet. Your changes in the tcl procs will work for new portlets created but not for the ones already created, until you update this entries.

I've made the so simple sql script to update those fields, but I'm guessing where I'm supposed to add it. There is no upgrade folder on dotlrn-forums package. Should I create one? Then, should I upgrade the package version number?

If so, what is the next version number to upgrade to? Now, the dotlrn-forums info says version 2.4.0d1, so next could be 2.4.0d2. Meanwhile .LRN 2.4.1 has been just released. Maybe it'd better to use 2.4.1.d0 or .d1

Thanks in advance.