Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: IMS-LD: problem with a level B course

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Concerning ns_cache: The system where you are testing seems to have a very old version of ns_cache (older than 5 years). If you run automated tests on xotcl-core, it will flag this problem.

To get an appropriate version, use the following:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:mailto:anonymous@aolserver.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/aolserver co nscache

IMS-LD should have a "weak dependency" on xowiki/xotcl-core. It should behave well (with restricted functionality) without xowiki available.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Well, the release tarball for nscache is the old one. I don't think we really want to be releasing code that depends on the cvs HEAD version and my guess is the release tarball is what ends up in the AOLserver debian packages, which is what we've all said we want to encourage people to use. In order to ease the installation process, and the horribly unprofessional impression given newbies by our older manual installation process based on bits and pieces of released code, cvs code, and various other magic.
Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Gustaf,

I was using version 1.5 from the tarball available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3152, I upgraded using the CVS version and it fixed it. Thank you.

What functionalities wouldn't be available without xowiki?

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Great.

Don't ask me about IMS-LD! I looked into IMS-LD last time two years ago, and did not know about the xowiki integration.

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Gustaf,

Oh I see, I misunderstood. When you wrote "...should have a weak dependency..." was a recommendation not a statement. OK, sorry about that.

Thanks again for your help with nscache.