Forum OpenACS Q&A: Thanks for the upgrade
- I tried to post my last post (plain text) and this post (HTML) after a "preview" and got this strange bug:
"The attribute 'value' is not allowed for option tags".
- If I "preview" the current post as "preformatted text" I will notice that I made a mistake (because it contains HTML tags). However if I hit "edit again" to correct my mistake and post as HTML it turns out that all < have been replace by "& lt ;" and I should use the user unfriendly back button in the browser.
- I like the white background. The blue banding is harder to read, IMO
- Please put the "Posted by" line on top of the post. I always find myself scanning for who did the posting before reading the post itself
- We have an "In response to" now. Therefor the repetitive title is annoying and unneccary. Could we make Subject optional in replies (or make "space" the standard title).
- Date should definitely be in there. Anything is better than nothing. Can we use abbreviated month names?
- The login cookie expires while writing this post. That sure is annoying. Is this to enhance accuracy of the members online feature?
- If it is unclear what members online means, we'ld better leave it out. Are we counting guests? At least the people that made themselves "invisible", should be counted, IMO.
Does that mean that search engines cannot index postings either?
Is there a plan to rollback enhancements on openacs.org into the toolkit?