Forum OpenACS Development: Response to Multiple package instances - correct behavior on instance deletion?

So, hey, when do I get to sign you up as part of my merry band of OpenACS 4 developers? :)
<p>
Orphaning content is a big no-no.  It should always be reachable in some way.  If I remove a file-storage package I should be able to at least optionally tell it to remove all the content physically, and all the other stuff that links to that content.
<p>
It seems that one might want to be able to "dismount" a package without causing anything destructive to happen, too.  I've not looked to see what site-map does for dismounts, but taking a package offline should be an option.  Later, perhaps I'll want to bring it back online
but only visible to admins or maybe just long enough to archive it (after I add my archiving code to OpenACS file-storage!), followed by a nice healthy nuke of the files.
<p>
I think you're probably right about static pages, but have never looked into that package myself.  <a href="mailto:dave@thedesignexperience.org";>Dave Bauer</a> is the person working on static-pages for OpenACS.  He's working on mapping content to the CR (now that the CR knows about filesystem content) and
I'm sure is open to talking about other enhancements.