Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Re: Aolserver jabber client

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
We are in the process of updating the jabber package and will commit once we have it running on our site with .LRN 2.1. Sadly, "we are in the process" will not give you a date when you can expect anything and I don't have the code at hand either.
Collapse
Posted by Harish Krishnan on
Malte , Thanks for replying. I hope you are successful in running it soon on your site. As I mentioned in my thread I_am_not_asking for the jabber package. I read in the openacs forum threads that the nsjabber ( aolserver module ) client was working with Aolserver. It was my intention to work on the package and contribute it to openacs while satisfying my requirement. if you have misunderstood my request I am sorry .. I am not setting you any timelines. so cool it 😉.
Collapse
Posted by martin hebrank on
You can find the file you need. It's poorly named as nsjabber-patch-1.tar.gz in the jabber package.
Collapse
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
Hi Martin,

I found a discussion on Dossys' panoptic.com chat (from 2004-08-12) about problems with aolserver, pthreads and nsjabber on freebsd. I suppose "martinh" are you, right?

The discussion was:

martinh - so, back to my question from this morning. anyone ever have issues with aolserver and pthreads on freebsd?
tekbasse - ever? yes. have you googled for: aolserver, pthread, freebsd?
martinh - yea. i didn't find anything that helped me.
jhavard - martin: What version of freebsd?
martinh - 4.1 stable
martinh - er 4.10 stable
martinh - the issue i'm having right now is that the pthread_cond_wait complaining about invalid arguments.
Dossy - ?
martinh - the base aolserver isn't having any issues. it's an additional library that's causing the problem.
Dossy - martinh: what library?
martinh - nsjabber. for the jabber package for openacs.
martinh - esp since it works on other linux and uses aolserver's threading stuff.
Dossy - hmm

I had the same problem with nsjabber under freebsd5( 5.2.1 or 5.3-release, the same problem). From aolserver4.0.9 log:

"Notice: nsjabber Sending:nsthreads: pthread_cond_timedwait failed in Ns_CondTimedWait: Operation not permitted"

Did you find a solution or workaround to get nsjabber working on freebsd? This issue is going to drive me crazy 😟 once nsjabber + aolserver4 worked fine to me under gnu/linux.

Thanks

\Orzenil

Collapse
Posted by martin hebrank on
I never got this working. The freebsd box was only our short term development server and this part wasn't that important. I put it off until we were on our defined linux launch platform.