Forum OpenACS Q&A: nsxml FATAL Error!

Collapse
Posted by Luis Garcia on
I get this error while trying to start the server:

[17/Jan/2005:19:28:00][6768.16384][-main-] Notice: modload: loading '/usr/local/aolserver/bin/nsxml.so'
[17/Jan/2005:19:28:00][6768.16384][-main-] Warning: modload: failed to load '/usr/local/aolserver/bin/nsxml.so': '/usr/local/aolserver/bin/nsxml.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'
[17/Jan/2005:19:28:00][6768.16384][-main-] Fatal: modload: failed to load module '/usr/local/aolserver/bin/nsxml.so'

I just updated to SuSE 9.0. I am using ACS 4.6 (and yes I need to use that for now, don't want to upgrade just yet). All the installation went well until this.

Thanx!

Collapse
2: Re: nsxml FATAL Error! (response to 1)
Posted by Luis Garcia on
So, any ideas anyone?!
Thanks!
Collapse
3: Re: nsxml FATAL Error! (response to 1)
Posted by Torben Brosten on
The error is stating that this file '/usr/local/aolserver/bin/nsxml.so' does not exist (or permissions make it seem so).

This error can exist for many reasons. Can you tell us more about how the system used to be configured, and how it is now?

How was ACS4.6 installed before the upgrade? Was nsxml in this place beforehand or somewhere else?

Briefly, what way was used to upgrade to SuSE 9.0?

Is this ACS4.6 using aolserver3 or aolserver4 after the upgrade? (should say in the server log, near the start or restart of the server).

best wishes,

Torben

Collapse
4: Re: nsxml FATAL Error! (response to 1)
Posted by xx xx on
I think tDom was introduced in 4.7. (https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=95400) but still.

The question is: /usr/local/aolserver/bin/nsxml.so is it there? If not install. If so, reinstall or change permissions, probably (or comment out in config.tcl?).

Collapse
5: Re: nsxml FATAL Error! (response to 1)
Posted by xx xx on
I didn't see you were first, Torben..
Collapse
6: Re: nsxml FATAL Error! (response to 1)
Posted by Torben Brosten on
The more, the merrier, Aldert! =)
Collapse
7: Re: nsxml FATAL Error! (response to 1)
Posted by Luis Garcia on
The file is not there and I tried to create it from the code in aolserver and did not work. It asks for libxml2, which is already installed. The aol version I have is 3.X (don't remember exactly which) and was pre-packaged with all the requirements of OpenACS. The suse 9.0 installation I have was done in a blank machine, no upgrades of operating systems. I basically formatted my machine and re-install (long story there...) Anyway, I did not loose the data I had but I'm reinstalling OpenACS again.
Collapse
8: Re: nsxml FATAL Error! (response to 1)
Posted by xx xx on
In that case search the forum for "nsxml libxml2" and you should find the problem you have.