Forum OpenACS Q&A: once again... Hosting!!

Collapse
Posted by Todd Gillespie on
Who currently is offering hosting of small OACS sites?
I need to move my sites off DSL (I'm moving), so I'm interested in
just about any kind of co-lo options.
Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Try Musea - we (furfly) have handed our OpenACS hosting business off to them.  There are others, but I'm not up on who's in and who's out so I'll let them speak up for themselves. :)
Collapse
Posted by Louis Gabriel on
Janine,

Just curious; any thoughts to share on the subject of OpenACS hosting?  Any "food for thought" to pass on to the community?

Thanks,

Louis

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Only that the customers appear to be clustered on the two ends of the spectrum - there are folks willing to pay for proper "managed hosting", and then there are folks who are looking for hosting as cheaply as possible.  We never expected to make much money from this service;  we only offered it as a benefit to the community.  But even so, we couldn't go as low as most folks were looking for.
Collapse
Posted by Steve Crossan on
If you're in the UK and you want UK hosting for some reason we've set up a deal with Sigmer (www.sigmer.net) to do openacs hosting from £40 (~$60) per month. Contact me if you want details. Musea are great though, and possibly cheaper, and there's no real reason not to have your site hosted stateside.

(Sigmer are based at telehouse BTW)

Collapse
Posted by Yves Goldberg on
I am using hub.org for testing (for less than a month though).

Cheers.