Forum OpenACS Development: porting a db_dml transaction

Collapse
Posted by Ola Hansson on
Which is the prefered way to port this non-SQL92 compliant "db_dml" within a transaction? (The QD didn't manage to extract the sql from this one).
	set sql "
update mp3_mp3s
set    deleted_p = 'f'
"

foreach i_key [array names info_pairs] {
	    append sql ",
       $i_key = $info_pairs($i_key)"
	}
	append sql "
where  mp3_id = :mp3_id
"

set sql2 "
update acs_objects
set    creation_user = :creation_user,
       creation_ip = :creation_ip,
       creation_date = sysdate,
       context_id = :package_id
where object_id = :mp3_id
"

db_transaction {
    db_dml undelete_mp3 $sql
    db_dml fix_creation $sql2
}
Thanks,
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
The second one is easy - get rid of the set sql2 statement and move the SQL query into your generic .xql file (it's not db-specific so it only needs to appear in the generic queryfile). The first (undelete_mp3) isn't much more difficult. The static part, i.e. the update prefix, can go into your queryfile. Then build the dynamic part into a Tcl variable as is being done (you might want to choose a name like "extra_vars" instead of "sql" since it's s snippet that will be built, not the entire query). Reference the Tcl variable directly in the queryfile. The query, in other words, will look something like:
update mp3_mp3s
set deleted = 'f'
$extra_vars
where mp3_id = :mp3_id
The Query Dispatcher will substitute the Tcl variable before the driver is called with the query.
Collapse
Posted by Ola Hansson on
So, in the sql2 case above, are you saying that Oracle can handle "current_timestamp" in place of "sysdate"? (I was on my way to split *that* statement in a generic xql file and an -oracle.xql file).

Okay. Here's a piece I got stuck on although it's similar. I know how to port the psql block, but how do I treat the "extra_vars" when thy're both dynamic and db specific? db_map doesn't seem appropriate...
	set sql "
begin
   :1 := mp3.new(
      file_path => :client_filename,"

foreach i_key [array names info_pairs] {
	    append sql "
      $i_key => $info_pairs($i_key),"
	}
	append sql "
      creation_user => :creation_user,
      creation_ip => :creation_ip,
      creation_date => sysdate,
      context_id => :package_id
);
end;
"
db_exec_plsql add_mp3 $sql
Collapse
Posted by Dan Wickstrom on
Create a list with the key values in the correct order to match the postgresql function call - oracle won't care about ordering since you're using named variables here.
        # foo, bar, and baz match key names in info_pairs
        set ordered_keys [list foo bar baz]
        foreach i_key $ordered_keys {
                  append sql "$i_key => $info_pairs($i_key),"
                  set $i_key $info_pairs($i_key)
        }
Then in your postgresql .xql file reference the variables in the correct order for the mp3__new function.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Sorry, I missed the "creation_date" in the SQL2 portion, so that call needs to be put into both oracle and postgresql .xql files, sorry.