Forum .LRN Q&A: add a column "enabled" to portal theme and/or dotlrn_site_template

Hi,

The context of what I want to ask...

I'm working on a new "porlet" theme, that is actually a non-portlet theme! but an icon based one. It could be added to Theme-zen if you are interested. The main reason is that people usually get confused with large pages, with lots of big portlets... so I'm trying to simplify the first pages a user see, as a proof of concept.

The Matter...

Anyway, I have realised that there is a lack on portals theme management, and I'd like to add a new column to dotlrn_site_templates, something like enabled_p, or deleted_p.

And then, add the actions (enable/disable or delete/recover) to the list_template on /dotlrn/admin/site-templates. And then, fix the sql queries on portal-configure and others that uses that rows (in order not to get deleted, or disabled themes).

I'm writing here for 2 reasons:

1. Discuss about what are the best practices on this kind of fields (delete_p...) and what is the best approach for that particular situation

2. Get the approval of .LRN Leadership Team to add these changes to cvs head. Maybe, thanks to the new .LRN subsite-based, that stuff is obsolete.

Thanks in advance.

About "Best Practices" I've just found another related message: Best practice for marking objects as deleted without removing them from the database, although I have no clear what is the best approach.
Maybe this thread should be titled as "Best Practices to Manage items" or something like this, in order to know the best way to enable/disable items in a list.

Can someone help me?