Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to HowTo on DocBook written...

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on

I can't find this in /new-file-storage. Can someone with access to

I tried to update some documentation by working on the docbook and then converting it. After many hours of looking for documentation, I have accomplished the following:

1) I can go into PSGML mode in emacs and have it recognize the DocBook DTD, parse it, and validate against it.

!2) When I try and use openjade to create HTML documentation, it croaks as follows:

openjade -t sgml -d /usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets-1.59/print/docbook.dsl index.xml
openjade:index.xml:7:0:E: URL not supported by this version
openjade:index.xml:7:0:E: DTD did not contain element declaration for document type name

I'm getting ready to start solving this problem, but I've put maybe six hours or more into working on documentation and I still haven't accomplished anything. This is very frustrating; if documentation is important, it should be easy to work on. So how about some documentation on documentation. I would be more than happy to write or update a simple one-page document on how to set up your environment for working on DocBook, if only I could figure out how myself.