Forum OpenACS Development: New Portal

Collapse
Posted by Alfred Essa on
What is the status of the new portal package? Thanks in advance.
Collapse
2: Re: New Portal (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
Fairly well integrated with .LRN, the biggest challenge is to finish upgrade scripts for Oracle and PG. I did a bunch of work on this around October but not recently, I've been working on other things.

The portal rewrite has been used in the GP CTX project, and at least one other commercial project as well, standalone OpenACS. The GP CTX project added localization for the user-visible pages.

I've let it sit in part since it's taken us so long to finalize the OpenACS 5.1 series (we're just about to release OpenACS 5.1.5, which will be the last of this series, we finished Oracle testing today).

Portal has been developed under our CVS HEAD (not OpenACS 5.1) that will release as OpenACS 5.2 in late March or sometime in April, and I would anticipate integrating the portal rewrite with whichever .LRN version is released on top of 5.2.

In the interim people asked me to work on speeding up the template list builder/paginator, the forums package, and bugtracker (if you've noticed that openacs.org forums are much faster than they were six months ago, it's largely due to work I did in December).

.LRN will benefit from the forums and list builder/pagination speed-ups (Galileo has added pagination to parts of .LRN, I know).

Collapse
3: Re: New Portal (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
BTW though it has taken us a long time to finalize the 5.1 series, we *have* been pumping out 5.1.x versions on a fairly steady basis. We are getting better at this I think :)
Collapse
4: Re: New Portal (response to 1)
Posted by Jun Yamog on
I think Don is mentioning CTK project and not CTX. There will be a minor update on making things more CSS. Although I am not sure how I will be putting back the changes. Some changes maybe too CTK specific. I will just see how it goes.
Collapse
5: Re: Re: New Portal (response to 4)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Is the sourcecode for CTK available at a new place, as we are about to embark on a voyage with the new portal system and any working example code is highly appreciated.
Collapse
6: Re: New Portal (response to 1)
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Malte,

Sorry for the late reply (over a month). I am unable to follow the forums lately. I will email you the location of the ctk source if gpi agrees, I believe they will since its publicly accessible. There is not much changed on the ctk new portal code, the only fixes I did is basically on the openacs bug tracker. We did however set our own layout, theme, elements, etc. but its not part of portals but rather usage of portals. Then I again I might have forgotten some due to the lack of time. Thanks.

Collapse
7: Re: New Portal (response to 1)
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Malte,

Ximon of GPI told me that its ok to use the viewcvs. Here is the link.

http://web1.greenpeace.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ctk/packages/portal/?cvsroot=PLANET