Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Bugtracker cleanup in anticipation of OpenACS 5.2 release

I couldn't find my own bug reports this past week nor others that might have been relevant to our problem with the Dotlrn 2.1 upgrade scripts. I miss "my bugs".

I also think it is just great that Sloan and others will work directly there, and I see this as part of our older discussion of not wanting to spread our comments too far and wide (different forums) and to achieve better coordination.

I'm wondering if we might not consider a slightly more expansive use of the bug reports to include perhaps more general commentaries.

For instance, the long listing of current bugs looks like my gmail account after a few days, and in gmail I use the "star" to flag emails that I want eventually to answer but fear will soon become lost in the dozens of emails I can get in a working working week. I'm wondering if a quick fix might be to include a similar "star" to those bugs that someone things might invite two cent opinions from the gallery, or more. In that way, someone digging into a specific feature might have the benefit of knowing others are sharing an interest and maybe even have thought about it.

Thanks!

Bruce Spear