Forum OpenACS Development: Re: New version of imsld package

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Derick,

I'm testing imsld from the oacs-5-5 branch on a fresh install and ran into a problem. I've tried to upload a LD file and the upload process stalls at some point. Nothing in the log, postgresql goes crazy (eating all the CPU). I've tried with 2 different LDs and same happens.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Derick, please track this down and let us know what's going on. I had hoped to release .LRN alpha this weekend, apparently we can't, now. Please post here and, if possible, come to the Honchos meeting so we can discuss IMSLD testing etc and plan for release.
Collapse
Posted by Derick Leony on
Hi Emma & Don,

I'm going to test this on a fresh install, I just tested it on my current 5.5 instance (couple of weeks old) and everything worked out fine.

I'll let you know what I find by the end of the day, will attend to the next Honchos meeting as well.

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Derick,

I've given it a second try and it worked but it took 5 minutes to upload a 5 activities LD, pg eating 98% of the CPU and fans going crazy (probably didn't wait long enough the first time and freaked out seeing so heavy processes. I'm using a macbook pro 2.4GHz intel core 2 duo).

There are other issues we need to discuss so I'm glad you'll attend next meeting. I'll try to document my tests before then.

Collapse
OK, that's a relief then! Indeed, it's a long time for such a LD. I'll keep on testing with other LDs to see if I can find a similar issue.

Thanks for the test reports!

Collapse
I'm still not able to reproduce this. I'm trying with a fresh install of oacs-5-5, PG 8.3.7, AOLserver 4.0.10 and Tcl 8.4.19.

Should I try with AOLserver 4.5+ instead? Also, could you send me any of these LDs you had problems with?

Thanks.