Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: OpenACS/.LRN Conference_______Costa Rica 2009

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Christina,

A comment about the abstracts submission deadline, most of the people here in Europe are on vacation during august so I think we should delay this deadline until sept 10th. This way people would have time to come back from their vacation, write something and submit it.

Another question: is there a mailing list for the program committee members?

Thank you.

Collapse
Posted by Cristina Arias on

Hi Emmanuelle,

The modification of the submission deadline is done, I'm just watting for a few details to do the site update.

For a while I'm going to post the updated dates

<div class = "texto-contenido">
<h1> Dates</h1>

The call for papers is now OPEN.

<table width="814" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10">
<tr>
<td width="651"><div align="left"><span class="conTab">Submissions of proposals for Abstracts for Presentations and Posters (min 150 words)</span></div></td>
<td width="121"><div align="left">15th September</div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><div align="left"><span class="conTab">Notification of accepted abstracts</span></div></td>
<td><div align="left">30th September</div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><div align="left"><span class="conTab">Versions of papers (6 pages Springer style)</span></div></td>
<td><div align="left">5th October</div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><div align="left"><span class="conTab">OpenACS /.LRN Conference</span></div></td>
<td><div align="left">3 - 6 November</div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><div align="left"><span class="conTab">Elearning and Open Source day Conference. (registration is necessary)</span></div></td>
<td><div align="left">3th November</div></td>
</tr>
</table>

</div>

The possible program committe would be:

<div class = "texto-contenido">
<h1> Program Committe</h1>

Mario Chac&oacute;n Rivas

Don Baccus

Emamnuelle Raffence

Rafael Pastor Vargas

Rocael Hern&aacute;ndez

Stefan Sobernig

Timothy Read

V&iacute;ctor Guerra

I didn't update the web site yet, because I'm watting for a few details.

Another important clarification of the Conference is:

1. The fisrt day (3th november) would be the Elearning and OpenSource Conference (we are working on the elearning and opensource conference site)

2. The OpenACS and .LRN Conference would be from 4th to 5th november. After there's and optional tour to San Carlos to visit the Arenal Volcano (from 5th noon to 6th ). http://www.arenal.net/photo-gallery.htm .

&nbsp;

</div>
Hi Cristina,

I was invited by Alvaro and Rocael to be part of the 8th OpenACS/.LRN Conference: Program Committee (in particular, chair of the Evaluation commitee of the conference), and I accepted 😊. So I guess my name (Olga C. Santos) should be in that list, too.

When the website is ready, I can disseminate the conference in several mailing lists, as well as review the submissions received, as I've done in past editions of this and other conferences. I'm happy to help!

Thanks.

Olga

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Critina,

My first and last names are misspelled. The right spelling is: Emmanuelle Raffenne.

Thank you.

Hi,

I've just emailed some mailing lists focus on e-learning to disseminate the conference with the following content:

OpenACS/.LRN conference: e-learning and open source engineering software
Organized by the Costa Rica Institute of Technology, at Cartago city (Costa Rica)
November, 3 - 6 November 2009.

The conference is the 8th of a series which focuses on the development of community based web sites (primarily built with the OpenACS framework) and on community based e-learning environments (primarily built with the dotLRN framework). The conference offers multiple activities for users and developers of the framework as well as for
people interested in the mentioned topics in general.

The call for papers is now open, the important dates are:
-Sep. 15, 2009: Submission of Abstracts proposals for Presentations
and Posters (max 150 words)
-Sep. 30, 2009: Notification of accepted abstracts
-Oct. 5, 2009: Camera-ready versions of papers (6 pages Springer style)

For more information visit:
http://www.tec-digital.itcr.ac.cr/conferencia-dotlrn-2009/