Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenACS Social: We had more fun than you did last night!

We had a very enjoyable evening here in Portland last night.  Carl
Coryell-Martin, Talli Somekh, Torben Brosten, Tom Jackson, Jade
Rubick, myself and a handful of Portlanders from PLUG and others who
just know about OpenACS showed up.  Must've been a dozen of us all
together.

We've got a great group of people involved with this project, and it
was nice to meet the people behind familiar names, especially Tom
Jackson, who was hanging out at web/db before openacs.org was even
formed.  We've traded posts and e-mail for probably three years, so it
was cool to sit down and enjoy a couple of pints of good beer together.

I'd like to thank Talli for organizing this, for buying most of the
beer, and for not drinking all of it himself!

Don, if I didn't drink most of the beer then why did I feel like I did this morning?

Last night was a blast! Thanks all for coming out for it. The Lucky Labrador ROCKS!!!

talli

Talli, I am sure you did not drink most of the beer, because of the way I felt this morning, all the way back to Seattle and at this moment. Wow, how dangerous is great tasting beer and good conversation!

Thanks to Carl for encouraging me to come down, to Talli for his inspired orgainzation and the OpenACS t-shirt :), to Don for his choice of venue and to everyone for a super evening.

I hope we can do this again sometime.

Yes, that was a lot of fun. I look forward to seeing you all next time!

Damned!

I wonder why Portland is so far away from Amsterdam (The Netherlands)...😉

Collapse
6: OpenACS T-shirt? (response to 1)
Posted by Cathy Sarisky on
There's an OpenACS T-shirt??  I want one. :)  NEXT time how about Seattle?  Portland's too far to go on a school night.  (My students might approve of cancelled classes, buy my administrators won't!)
Yeah, thanks for the shirt, Talli.

(I've seen these going on eBay for thousands of bucks. I consider myself lucky to have gotten my hands on one!)

Collapse
Posted by Cathy Sarisky on
Hmm.. Well, I suppose selling $1000 T-shirts would be one way to make money on open source...
I'll sell you mine for a steal at $150. 😉
hmm..  i guess i know how i'm going to make the rent this month.. 😉
Yes, let's do Seattle one of these days. I'm about 90 minutes from Seattle, which is doable, Portland is a bit much. On the other hand, maybe next time I'll think about bumming a ride from Seattle. I'm sorry I missed it.
Lots of fun!  Look forward to seeing all again next time too.
Thanks,

Zack.

Don, Talli, Jade, Michael, and all.. I appreciate the opportunity to have met each of you in person. The T-shirt was a great bonus, Talli, Thank you!

Once OACS4.x goes full-release, perhaps there should be a world tour to celebrate --or at least a tax-deductable business conference somewhere in the world to double as a vacation (and perhaps free press?)!

cheers,

Hallo Bruno,

Well, there are people in Tulip Country and other European countries using ACS.

Ben Koot
s'Hertogenbosch