Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Win32-OpenACS - Version 1.16

Collapse
Posted by Maurizio Martignano on
This is just a reminder.
After a discussion/verification with the OCT it has been agreed that Win32-OpenACS distribution does not (I repeat DOES NOT) infringe any open source license.
Therefore the e-commerce machinery allowing the download of the supported version with no limits has been enabled.

Hope it helps,
Maurizio

Collapse
Posted by Ryan Gallimore on
Hi Maurizio,

Thanks for all the 64 bit information.

On another topic, do you know what minimum Windows permissions are required for AOLserver to run? We are attempting to lock down a Windows system as much as possible.

Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks!

Collapse
Posted by Maurizio Martignano on
Dear Ryan,
the simple answer is no. I don't know what minimum permsissions are required. The installation procedure, having to work on XP, Vista, 7, and the various servers doesn't handle/create/modify the users, their rights and permissions.

But once the installation is finished you can create a user with the desired rights and permissions, assign the AOLServer process(es) to this user and assign also to this user the folder C:\aolserver.

Having to do that I would replicate the rights and permissions of the user(s) created for IIS and I would treat C:\aolserver the same way the folder C:\inetpub is.

Hope it helps,
Maurizio