Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using .LRN and LAMS as an online framework for K-12 schools...

Hi Al,

Well, it's not just politics but business. The Department of Education of New Zealand has paid for the integration work. Have a look at the press release (http://lamsfoundation.org/integration/moodle/).

The lead architect from Moodle, Martin Dougiamas, is from Perth, Australia, but actually most of the users/developers of Moodle are actually in Europe and the US (http://moodle.org/sites).

Nevertheless -and as I mentioned above, since this is an open source integration, it makes it waaay easier for anyone that's willing to do the integration, as all the specifications and all are public.

If I get someone interested in doing an integration for .LRN, would you be willing to help out?

Ernie

Ernie,

I don't know whom did you mean with "If I get someone interested in doing an integration for .LRN, would you be willing to help out?", but as I told you, we *will* work on an integration with IMS-LD with for .LRN, and if we know that someone else is working on that, we would, or at least try to, work toghether somehow

(I'm still waiting for the people of aLFanet to show me the code and what they have already done, but we can't wait any more, we plan to have the specification ready for the end of the next week, and start coding after that)

jopez
"If I get someone interested in doing an integration for .LRN, would you be willing to help out?"

Ernie, thank you for the offer and your continued leadership with this great project. The answer is yes. The "you" here, however, would be the .LRN consortium and any other interested parties in OpenACS community. Jose is from UC3M, which through Project ELANE is part of the consortium. Let's discuss how we can best coordinate this.

Jose, is the work that you are doing part of E-LANE? "We plan to have the specification ready for the end of the next week, and start coding after that." Would it make sense to post your specifications in the form of an RFC before you begin coding?

Would it make sense to post your specifications in the form of an RFC before you begin coding?

Of course, no problem. We will post the specification in order to hopefully get some feed back and then start coding ;)

Sorry, about the other question: is the work that you are doing part of E-LANE?, the answer is yes, it is part of E-LANE

Jose Pablo, Abelardo,

I'm really glad to hear that E-LANE is bringing learning design into .LRN. Kudos E-LANE.

If there's anything that I can be of help, please let me know. There has been some very interesting developments at Alt-I-lab and at the latest UNFOLD meeting in Portugal and hopefully a new work on IMS LD services will come out soon.

Regarding LAMS, given my involvement in that project, I'll support in with all I can the implementation with .LRN.

Thanks,

Ernie

Ernie,

Suere, your help would be a great contribution for us =)

We released the specification of the lmsd package in this thread:

https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message%5fid=301284

So, please tell us if you have any suggestion about anything described in the specification.

Regards,

Jose Pablo