Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: What are the .LRN packages?

Collapse
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
Thanks, Joel, for this work!

Just one correction: defined alias was written as dotlrn-extra but it is dotlrn-extras instead

As a suggestion maybe you could consider add lors-central (https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=294899) clipboard and related-items packages to dotlrn-extras. What do you think?

About dotlrn releases i think Rafael suggestion is interesting. But i think could be very difficult classifies dotlrn releases for educational and non educational purposes. As i see, dotlrn is ALL about education.

Maybe we could think about this distinction towards marketing places only and not as a vision for developers.

From a market point of view or for selling dotlrn we could have standard dotlrn distribution for e-Learning (that includes e-LANE code, for example), standard dotlrn distribution for knowledge management (that i hope in a near future could integrate code from COP software and dotFolio, for example) and standard dotlrn distribution for Personal Information Manager (that could result from integrating blogs, wiki, contacts and advanced search features into dotlrn).

As a vision for developers i think we could have just one dotlrn distribution and incite and support people in OpenACS community to share teaching and learning as a focus when developing not only for formal education as well as for situaded learning including communities of practice, corporate blogs etc.