Forum OpenACS Development: Re: LORS, Evaluation, Assessment, User-Tracking update

Collapse
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
I changed over to the 5-2 branch and the logresolvemerge.pl script wasn't executable.

CVS is such a pain - if you do your FIRST checkin of a file with execute bit, it will checkout with the execute bit. Otherwose you're doomed. Maybe it can be fixed right on the repository, but I'm not in favour of direct cvs repository manipulation ;)

So I fixed that and then discovered that there were harde coded references to elane in the logfile names in loading.tcl and loading2.tcl

If you like I can change that over to use the variables from the nsd config file but you may prefer to do that yourself - let me know.

Also, while it feels a bit nasty, the post-install apm callback could do a chmod on logresolvemerge.pl to make it executable.

You are right. We forgot to delete these hardcode references before committing recent changes to CVS. In fact, all references to ${logdir}elane.log in these files should be replaced by $logs whose value is got at the beginning of the files.
Of course, you can change it. If not, I’ll fix that bug tomorrow in the morning.

About doing logrelsolvemerge.pl executable, I am not sure but I think Rocael tried to solve the problem manipulating directly the repository. I like your “chmod” solution.

Thanks for the feedback!