Forum OpenACS Q&A: Cant install Forums and Webmail packages (OACS 5.1.5)

From the "Install from Repository" link I have the following problems:

1) Installing Forums 1.1.2d4 - I get an error saying that this package requires Notifications 5.1.7 but only Notification 5.1.6 is available for installation. Where can I get 5.1.7?

2) Installing Webmail 4.0 - fails with a message saying "look in the server error log". The server error log has a Tcl stack trace indicating the env(ORACLE_HOME) is required. How do I install this package for Postgres?

thanks
Robert

From what I know this webmail is only available for Oracle and is deprecated.
Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
In my case Webmail is not the issue!

I have the same problem. there is a new forum package available that might solve some of my problems, but I can't install. I assume the notifications also influence weblogger, as on my weblog notifications also doesn't work.

Together with mess in the permission system related to forums as per this post https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=188766 , I am having a hard time but I keep 😉 I tried the "write" tip, but that didn't work unfortunately.;

Has anybody found a way around this?

Thanks

Ben

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Thanks Robert.

It still leaves us with a pressing question, where is the missing piece of software? 😉
Cheers
Ben

How can I build the Notification 5.1.7 apm from the CVS ?

Should I mail the package Maintainer directly to ask for the latest version of a package? (https://openacs.org/projects/openacs/packages/)

I notice the bug report is still open. Torben indicates that the workaround is to get someone with cvs access to do some cvs work and then wait a day for the repository to build (presumably this would build 5.1.7 of the notifications package and place it in the location that allows it to be downloaded by the Automated Installer /acs-admin/install).

How do I request someone with cvs access to do this work?

Looks like this has been resolved by Dave Bauer.
Thanks Dave.
I'm off to try it now.