Forum OpenACS Development: Programmers needed (must love, or at least know, ad_form)

furfly has a potential short-term need for some programmers who understand ad_form and can crank out a bunch of simple templated pages. This is for an add-on to an existing US government contract, which means there are a few restrictions - you must be a US citizen (preferrably also located in the US), and willing to work for cheap. Funding for this piece of work is not approved yet (and, this being the government, may not ever be approved), so this is not yet a for-sure opportunity but it's looking good so far.

I'm not just being cagey about the rate; we don't know yet what it will be. Since the amount of work to do is fixed, how much I can pay for it will depend on how much the client manages to get approval for. This is not how we like to do things, but we're trying to help out a good client with an emergency need.

The reward for being willing to accept low pay for this job is the possibility of future work at a better rate for this client; this project has the potential to last for quite a while. This means that you should have a relatively clean past and be able to pass a National Agency Check if the need arises later (you won't have to do that for this job).

If you are interested, please send a summary of your work experience and the lowest rate you are willing to accept to janine-at-furfly.net. All work will be done from your home/office/local hot spot, as you choose. I expect us to start on this project in September if the approvals come through in time.

I was in the USAF years ago. 3 years OpenACS dev experience.

I have reworked bug-tracker's ad_form use for a customer.

Please send email about rate range.

The client says we can use non-US citizens for this task, so if you are interested please email me at janine-at-furfly.net. I will send a message to all interested parties when I have more info.